As we learned last session, vectors don't have to be lists of numbers. In this session we explore important new vector spaces while practicing the skills we learned in the old ones. Then we begin the application of matrices to the study of networks.
Lecture Video and Summary
- Watch the video lecture Matrix Spaces; Rank 1; Small World Graphs (00:45:56)
Matrix Spaces; Rank 1; Small World Graphs
- Read the accompanying lecture summary (PDF)
- Lecture video transcript (PDF)
- Read Section 3.3 and 8.2 in the 4th edition or Section 3.3 and 10.1 in the 5th edition.
Problem Solving Video
- Watch the recitation video on Matrix Spaces (00:08:55)
- Recitation video transcript (PDF)
Problems and Solutions
Work the problems on your own and check your answers when you're done.