This lecture looks at matrix multiplication from five different points of view. We then learn how to find the inverse of a matrix using elimination, and why the Gauss-Jordan method works.
Lecture Video and Summary
- Watch the video lecture < Multiplication and Inverse Matrices (00:46:49)
Multiplication and Inverse Matrices
- Read the accompanying lecture summary (PDF)
- Lecture video transcript (PDF)
- Read Section 2.4 through 2.5 in the 4th or 5th edition.
Problem Solving Video
- Watch the recitation video on Inverse Matrices (00:08:24)
- Recitation video transcript (PDF)
Problems and Solutions
Work the problems on your own and check your answers when you're done.
- An interactive demo (with voiceover explanation) on Matrix Multiplication, A = LU, and PA = LU